Growing up, if my parents burned food they told me it was “Cajun style, just eat it!” Needless to say, I didn’t enjoy it very much. Thankfully I learned that Cajun food is full of flavor and can be quite healthy. This spiced tilapia recipe is incredibly simple, so tasty, and will leave your diners wondering “Did they go down south to learn this amazing recipe?!” All in a days work….
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 (6 oz) pieces Tilapia fillets
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 1/2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 diced jalapeno, ribbed and de-seeded
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cajun spice seasoning
- 1 avocado sliced, for serving
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
In a deep skillet, heat olive oil and garlic for 30 seconds on medium heat. Then add onion and peppers and cook for a few minutes until soft. Add tomatoes, jalapeno and spices, stir and cook for a few more minutes until tomatoes are soft.